ACNE RANT




In the last 6 months I feel like I have endured 10 years worth of stress. Aside from general mental health the whirl wind of corona and third year has blown my head off. To top it off I developed acne from stress throughout this period. I had mild acne before but it was nothing too troublesome and I tended to ignore it cus I had a perfect skin routine so thought it would go with age. HOWEVER, you can only deal with a certain amount before it starts to affect your mental health and confidence. Having acne makes you a different person. That sounds so ridiculous but I wanted to explain for all my fellow sufferers how I have felt to maybe reassure you that it is totally normal to freak out.

Its a big deal having painful spots on your face for everyone to see and you are lying if you say it wouldn't knock your confidence at all. But the funny thing is- nobody else even notices it like you do. I can't explain how many times I heard people tell me to cut out dairy, drink more water, use certain brands. Truth is everyone's skin is soooo different and it's completely unique per person. 

I honestly had to look in the mirror everyday and tell myself that nobody loves me any less cus my skins bad, they still want me to come to motives and see me (but it all seems to daunting when your face is on fire). I've gained a lot of weight before and felt a bit anxious about it but I feel society has a real stigma towards acne as it's seen as something you have when you are unclean or greasy. I can assure you that everyone I know with acne could not look after their skin and hygiene any better if they tried. 

Its really crazy how much your skin affects your mental health. I'd never considered that before for others. If i saw someone with acne I wouldn't think about the mental health impacts of it. But since I have had it, it gave me a real sense of compassion towards anyone suffering. 

It has made me so much more caring on the whole. Instead of finding acne unattractive I know look deeper and make sure people know they r beautiful with or without. I used to be such a harsh critique and obsess over 2 spots, but since getting 100 I really know not to swear the small stuff. 
It sounds so cliche, but I feel like I see so much more than acne now. I see people who are dealing with major confidence blows everytime their face flares up. I fully get it and want to express that IT IS SHITTY. So many days I didnt leave my bed, I cancelled plans and would cry (which used to burn my skin more). I convinced myself nobody would love me because of this. It sounds so dramatic but honestly if you get acne you will so understand!!!! 
BUT WE MOVE! 
I do wanna say thank you to my friends and mum who made me feel beautiful when I absolutely couldn't feel it. Thank you to the people that didn't look at me different or stare a bit because my face was covered in painful spots and i didnt feel like covering them up! You all made me feel so so comfortable and secure. 

My top tips are - 
Remember that you are so much more than your skin. You are just as kind, intelligent, funny and amazing whether you have acne or not. It is sooooo easy to fall into a vulnerable self hating mindset but i promise it'll get better and you are still a fucking king/queen๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Products I recommend - 
Skin proud is super good for gel moisturiser and overnight mask!!!
I went on Lymecycline antibiotics and Epiduo cream which worked really great for me. 
I use the Glossier Milk Jelly cleanser day and night to wash my face (it's super calming). I found La Roche Posay and other 'acne' brands did not work for me at all. 

Keep it as simple as you possibly can! 
I only use those items and micellar water to take my makeup off! 

Also pls pls follow acne positive accounts. They helped me more than you can imagine, seeing girls with skin like mine, being honest everyday on my timeline made me so happy. @freethepimple is a good place to start๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’Œ
MY skin now!!!! 3 months later!! 

Popular Posts

Image

LADIES FIRST

Image

FIND YOUR WINGS